Monroe County (MI) low-income residents can take advantage of the Emergency Food Assistance Program quarterly food distribution, starting Monday.
This program is run by Monroe County Opportunity Program, and food packages are available to the first 1,000 eligible households.
The foods that will be available include apple juice, applesauce, cherry-apple juice, canned chicken, corn, diced tomatoes, dried cherries, milk, pears, raisins and salmon.
To qualify, recipients must be able to present identification proving they are Monroe County residents and meet income guidelines based on 200 percent of the federal poverty income guidelines. Those income brackets are:
- One person: $23,340 a year; $1,945 a month; or $449 a week.
- Two people: $31,460 a year; $2,622 a month; or $605 a week.
- Three people: $39,580 a year; $3,299 a month; or $761 a week.
- Four people: $47,700 a year; $3,976 a month; or $971 a week.
- For each additional family member, add $8,120 a year; $677 a month or $156 a week.
The schedule is
Sept. 1-Sept. 29:
- By appointment – The Lord’s Harvest Pantry, 1140 S. Telegraph Rd., Monroe. Call (734) 241-5775.
Wednesday Sept. 3:
- 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. – River Park Plaza, residents only.
- 4-5 p.m. – Dundee United Methodist Church, 645 Franklin St., Dundee.
Thursday Sept. 4
- 4-5 p.m. – London Township Hall / Sullivan Center, 13613 Tuttle-Hill Rd., Milan.
Monday Sept. 8
- 10:30 a.m.-noon – Redeemer Fellowship Church, 5303 Evergreen Dr., Monroe.
Tuesday, Sept. 9
- 10 a.m.-noon – St. Joseph Catholic Church, parish hall, 937 E. Third St., Monroe.
Wednesday, Sept. 10, 2014
- 10-11:30 a.m. – Luna Pier Baptist Church, 4265 Luna Pier Rd., Luna Pier.
Monday, Sept. 15
- 10-11 a.m. – Woodcraft Square, residents only.
Wednesday, Sept. 17
- 8:30-10 a.m. – Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church, 8300 Lewis Ave., Temperance. Hosted by Bedford Goodfellows, for Bedford Township residents only.
Thursday, Sept. 18
- 10-11 a.m. – Frenchtown Place, residents only.
Saturday, Sept. 27
- 10-11 a.m. – Lower Light Church/Food Closet, 400 E. Elm St., Petersburg.
For information, go to www.facebook.com/mcopfood