Social Security and federal debt ceiling: no answers yet
Who gets paid and who doesn’t when the federal debt limit is reached?
That hasn’t been answered yet, even in regards to the Social Security checks that are scheduled to be distributed next week. If official statements are issued, I’ll certainly link to them.
CNN has several pieces on this topic, including:
- Debt ceiling: Will I get my Social Security check?
- Debt ceiling deadlock: Who will get paid?
- Debt ceiling battle: Where things stand.
- Bloomberg: Debt fight could (really) lead to Social Security Fixes.
- Los Angeles Times: How the debt-ceiling crisis could affect ordinary Americans.
- Washington Post: Debt ceiling drama.