Monroe MI grocery and drugstore trends week of Oct. 14
We’re on Halloween overload this week at the supermarkets, discount stores and drugstores.
Check out my candy price tracking chart so you can see what has been the listed prices. I will tell you that $10 per 100 pieces is the best you can expect this season on funsize chocolates even after coupons, sales or mega bags are involved.
I’ve also given a rundown already on what to expect on Halloween costume prices. The price ranges I’m giving are actual ones, not the sticker price that some stores immediately mark down by 20 to 25 percent.
Other trending topics at the retailers this week, based on the ad stacks in my weekend editions of The Monroe Evening News, home delivery 48162 zip code:
- Cleaning supplies, which is typical whenever the P&G BrandSaver coupon book is among the inserts.
- Allergy relief.
- Boots, sweaters and other fall attire.
- There are some 10 for $10 sales, but nothing out of the ordinary.
- Cookware and bakeware are starting into the fall promotions.
- Slowcookers and folding chairs are being marketed to the football tailgate audience.
There also were three coupon books each in my home-delivery Monroe News and Detroit Free Press.