MCOP announces Dec. 13 / Jan. 14 emergency food distribution days
This post is for my readers in Monroe County, Mich.:
The next quarterly distribution of The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) in Monroe County will take place in December and early January. This program is administered on the local level by the Monroe County Opportunity Program.
Community members must provide identification to prove they are a Monroe County resident and fit in the income guidelines.
The first 1,000 eligible families will receive food packages.
Income guidelines state that an individual with an annual income of $22,980 ($440 a week) qualifies.
For each additional family member, add $8,040 annual ($155 a month).
These guidelines are based on 200 percent federal poverty guidelines.
Groceries that are expected to be available in this distribution include beef stew, cream of mushroom soup, noodles, orange juice and pork patties.
The distribution schedule is as follows:
- 11 a.m- 1 p.m.: Redeemer Fellowship Church, 5303 Evergreen Dr.
- 4-5 p.m.: Dundee United Methdist Church, 645 Franklin Dr., Dundee.
- 4-5 p.m.: London Township Hall / Sullivan Center, 13613 Tuttle-Hill Rd., Milan.
- 9:30-11:30 a.m.: River Park Plaza, limited to River Park residents only.
- 10 a.m.-noon: St. Joseph Catholic Church, parish hall, 937 E. Third St.
- 10-11:30 a.m.: Luna Pier Baptist Church, 4265 Luna Pier Rd., Luna Pier.
- 10-11 a.m.: Woodcraft Square, limited to Woodcraft residents only.
- 10-11 a.m.: Frenchtown Place, limited to Frenchtown Place residents only.
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m.: Lower Light Church / Food Closet, 400 E. Elm St., Petersburg.
- 8:30-10 a.m.: Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church, 8330 Lewis Ave., sponsored by Bedford Goodfellows for Bedford Township residents only.