Paula’s social media links
Monroe on a Budget is hosted by Paula Wethington, reporter at The Monroe Evening News in Monroe, Mich. Click on my “about” page for additional details and background.
If you want to contact me, I’m at email@example.com or phone call (734) 240-5745 during business hours, Eastern time zone. I prefer emails over phone calls for initial contacts, because I also have print media deadlines in addition to digital media duties.
Here are some of the places where I can be found and followed on social media:
- Twitter.com/MonroeOnABudget. Twitter is my favorite social media network and I am on it multiple times a day. This twitter wanders into just-for-fun, sports and journalism topics, but you’ll find a lot of frugal and financial chatter.
- Twitter.com/WethingtonPaula. This is my secondary Twitter, not quite as chatty and focusing on local news because the purpose of this account is to help feed a newsroom widget.
- Monroe on a Budget facebook fan page. I frequently link up blog posts, but I’m also following up on conversations that I see on Facebook.
- My “reporter” facebook fan page. The chatter includes some budget blog material, but is mostly for other topics I report on for The Monroe Evening News.
- My YouTube channel. This is where you’ll find some of the videos I’ve produced for the blog; but most videos I’ve produced can be found on the MonroeNews YouTube channel so they can autofeed to our newspaper’s web site.
- My reporter Google+ account. This is mostly general chatter, I check in once or twice a week.
- My budget blog Google+ page. I add a couple of links a week from the budget blog.
- My Pinterest page. I’m “pinning” some of the photos I’ve featured on Monroe on a Budget over the years, and also just for fun pictures such as my Barbie doll collection.
- Instagram can’t be linked to directly on the web, but look for me in that network under screen name monroeonabudget and you’ll find some of my just for fun photos.
- LinkedIn. All the usual professional stuff and resume credits can be found on that page.
- Social Butterflies. This is a social media blog co-hosted by me and one of my co-workers.
- MonroeTalks, which is the reader forum hosted by The Monroe Evening News. I’m usually monitoring local news events when I’m on the bulletin boards, although you will find some budget blog chatter in the archives.
The social media avatars will either be a girl reading a newspaper, my blog logo of a coupon-clipping gal, or my press photo.
I also am one of The Monroe Evening News’ social media team members, which means some of what I do in the digital world is via the newsroom accounts.
Updated Jan. 21, 2013.