Farmer’s markets in Monroe MI
Monroe County, Mich., has several community farmer’s markets. Here are the schedules for 2013:
- Brownstown Farmers Market, which is at Brownstown Township Hall, 21313 Telegraph Rd., is open from noon to 6 p.m. Tuesdays through Aug. 27 for the 2013 season. Special events include Kids Day at the Market on July 30 and Aug. 6. For non-profit booth availability, produce vendor applications or other information, contact Sue Trussell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (734) 675-5911.
- Dundee Farmer’s Market, M-50 in downtown Dundee, open 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays and 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays through mid-October. For information, go to www.dundeefarmersmarket.com or find the market at Facebook.com/dundeefarmersmarket. Michigan Bridge Card / EBT accepted for payment, market participates in the Double Up Food Bucks, Project Fresh and Senior Project Fresh programs.
- Farmer’s Market at Original Gravity Brewing, 440 County St., Milan, is open from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays “through the growing season.” The market features fresh produce from Zilke Vegetable Farms along with herbs and soaps from Garden Girl Soaps and fresh baked beer bread made by Erie Bread Co. with OG brews.
- Market in the Park, Wilson Memorial Park, 89 Wabash St., Milan, open 6 to 8:30 p.m. Thursdays through Oct. 10. This market features local farmers, artists and crafters. Plans are in the works for a fall festival. To register as a vendor, go to marketinthepark.org, call 508-6623 or find “Market in the Park” on Facebook.
- Mercy Memorial Hospital’s organic produce farm stand, 3 to 6 p.m. Tuesdays through Oct. 1, rain or shine, in the parking lot, 718 N. Macomb St., north side near Colonial Gardens. Farmer Bill Bass from Honest Eats Farm LLC will be under the covered patio, available to answer questions and give suggestions.
- Monroe Farmer’s Market, 20 E. Willow St., open 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays year-round, also open 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays June through October. Selected vendors accept WIC’s Project Fresh and Michigan Bridge Card for purchases. Market participates in Double Up Food Bucks. Live entertainment is scheduled 10 a.m. to noon most Saturdays. For information, go to www.farmersmarketmonroe.com or find the market at Facebook.com/farmersmarketmonroemi. For entertainment bookings, contact Kristi McIntosh at 625-8986 or email email@example.com.
I list Ciolino’s Fruit and Vegetable Market in my grocery database because that’s a year-round operation.
The community supported agriculture farms have signups early in the season.
Updated July 23, 2013