Bogus bank checks used in lottery scams

Counterfeit cashier’s checks drawn on two banks are being used in two different nationwide lottery scams targeting consumers’ mailboxes.
One scam involves Vinton County National Bank in McArthur, Ohio. The other uses the name of City National Bank of New Jersey.

76 Responses to “Bogus bank checks used in lottery scams”

1. Tyrra says:

This is the second bogus money order I have received and am sitting on numerous emails from others. I am thinking of making it a part time hobby to bust these yahoos! What I dont understand is not only how stupid they think I am but how stupid they must be. I TOLD them to go ahead and send the check/money order because I would be checking its validity as soon as I received it! FYI: they have changed venue, now they are “good samaritians” wishing to give back to society. Check written on Citibank NA One Penns Way, New Castle DE bogus routing number of 015087378 – 0331100209 Happy hunting!

2. amber Husby says:

i have just recieved one what is this about im confused email me at amber.howardlaw.group@gmail.com i dont understand why got this and from who butnow im with you i want to know how to stop them

3. electric vehicles for sale…

[...]Bogus bank checks used in lottery scams « Consumer alert![...]…

4. How many proxies have you got, and what’s your connections set to? What would you suggest for 10 proxies on? a 4GB RAM/2Ghz processor?

5. Shon Dew says:

I have just received a bogus check for “Myster Shopper” I knew it was bogus from the directions that followed. Routing # 031100209.People pay attention!!!

6. Kris says:

Kris…

[...]Bogus bank checks used in lottery scams « Consumer alert![...]…

7. Gwen says:

I just received a money order issued by Citibank

8. heather says:

grrrrr i just got that same money order @tyrrra
    bogguss i googled evrything on this money order most of it checks out cause it looks very legit and 031100209 is citibanks routing number i searched that too but the thing is citibank post all there routing info so anyone can access it i could put it on my check if i wanted to doesnt mean there is an account at all i’m so sad:( now i gotta figure out where i get can get over and cash it just so i win lol just kidding! but seriously wtf!

9. Alaysia says:

SO DID I…just got it in the mail from USPS Express Mail and from the reviews these people are trying to get every and any one..I have the exct same numbers at the bottom. I even looked up the senders name and all. The name was legit and address was true but the money order is FAKE.

10. Alaysia says:

Information

Email from MYSTERIOUS MONEY ORDER SENDER: toniasmith635@yahoo.com

SENDER ON CHECK: Roy Baklarz in Havana Florida
    Amount on check: $1900.35

11. Angel747 says:

Oh my GOD I Got a check for $1,934.00 yeahhh let’s go shopping yeahh right!! Can somebody tell me if they know who is these people or they have any answer on the phone they put on the letter that they send you with the check? If anybody knows pls let me know thanks.

12. sassymom1 says:

i just recieved also a supposedly certified ck, from citibank, one penns way, new castle, de 19720 , looks really legit, but probably not, no instruction in envelope, called bank ect, is from a pinta art llc, 1110 brickell ave, suite 800, miami, florida 33131, be careful all, i had this done like 2 months ago, i list on craigs list, and they really though i was a fool, will fbi and got involved on them and more than 20 other bogus cks were sent,

13. I like the helpful information you supply to your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and test again right here regularly. I’m relatively sure I’ll learn many new stuff proper here! Best of luck for the following!

14. Sherry says:

I listed antique furniture on craigs list for sale. got all kinds of emails one after another…what gets me about these quacks each one says almost the same thing. I’m to busy to come buy,I am good with the price,consider it sold, I too received a check citi bank,ones penn’s way,New Castle,DE 19720. 2,000. over my asking price. which was for shipping. RIGHT. I emailed him back and told him,I was born at night,but not last night.LOL

15. Hi there! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a team of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us useful information to work on. You have done a wonderful job!

16. I cherished as much as you will obtain carried out right here. The comic strip is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nevertheless, you command get bought an edginess over that you would like be handing over the following. in poor health unquestionably come further until now once more since precisely the same just about a lot steadily within case you shield this hike.

17. Cathie Heng says:

Only a smiling visitant here to share the love (:, btw outstanding style. “He profits most who serves best.” by Arthur F. Sheldon.

18. Joining social gatherings can be hard of course, if you leave damp foggy foot trails when you wander, you will be the centre of attraction yet not for the right good reasons. And thus, it can be of utmost importance that you find a solution. All these simple natural home remedies will help you acquire results very quickly.

19. SANDIE FITZGERALD says:

I HAVE ALSO RECEIVED BOGAS CHECKS FOR MYSTERY SHOPPER, I KNEW IT WAS A SCAM BY WHAT THEY WERE ASKING SENDING . CAS CHECK AT MY BANK THEN SEND A WESTERN UNION TO THE PERSON THAT THEY TELL YOU TO,ALSO BUY ITEM AT WALMART.BEWARE THEY ALSO SEND POSTAL MONEY ORDER, THEY USE PINECONE RESEARCH AS ANOTHER AVENUE TO GET YOU TO CASH CHECK.CAN THEY BE STOPPED OR IS IT CONSUMER BEWARE. NOW I’M MAKING THEM SEND THE CHECKS LET THEM LOSE MONEY TO SEND THE CHECKS TO ME,I WRITE SCAM AS SOON AS I GET THEM.MAYBE IF THEY LOSE ENOUGH THEY WILL STOP

20. frank says:

just got a check from a customer insights survey check number 031100209. be careful!!!!! check even looks like the real deal (watermarks and everything) dont do it !!!!!!!!!!!!

21. win lotto says:

You really make it seem really easy together with your presentation however I in finding this matter to be really one thing that I feel I might
    by no means understand. It sort of feels too complicated
    and very huge for me. I’m looking ahead to your next publish, I’ll try to get the hold of it!

Also visit my blog post – win lotto

22. Iím on a train reading this on my iPad. When we travel we use Rent a Kissimmee Vacation Home dot com Rent a Myrtle Beach Vacation Home http://rentamyrtlebeachvacationhome.com . Thanks a lot for the great read ice also passed my pad around to other people greeted on the train.

23. lotto gratis says:

After reading your article and other people review now i am upset about any type of lottery and it’s scam. But thanks to all of you for providing us such a great and helpful info.

24. alexis says:

Hi. I Just received a bogus check in the amt of $1,260 from One Penn’s Way, New Castle, DE 19720. This is a scam. I’m not cashing it ! No letter came with it. Just the check. On the envelope, it says Pinecone Research, 113 West 6th St, New Castle, DE 19720. Completely bogus !

25. Massimo says:

Hi There
    wow this check really looks real!
    Mine has TNS logo on the left corner, Citibank Delaware.

26. skeptical says:

Mine is the same Massimo! I’m thinking I may go in to take it to CitiBank.